Diving Silfra is your opportunity to dive the famous Silfra fissure! Silfra is one of the best cold water dive sites in the world. It is also the most popular dive site in Iceland. During the tour, you will explore the four main parts of Silfra: Big crack, Silfra hall, the cathedral and Silfra lagoon. If you are a certified diver with a dry suit certificate, you simply must dive in the Silfra fissure on your Iceland adventure!
All participants must :
- Be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the Silfra tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives.
- Hold a PADI Divemaster certificate
- Have read, signed and followed directions on the Medical Statement form
- Have our Medical Statement form signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the Silfra dive tour
- Be a minimum 150cm/ 200cm
- Be a minimum 45kg / 120kg
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be physically fit
- Be able to communicate in English
- Be ready to wear a sometimes tight and constricting dry suit
- Not be pregnant
Hotel pick up and drop off
English speaking dive instructor
What do I need to bring?
Please bring :
your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Dive Water or equivalent)
proof of dry suit dive certification or 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date
- long johns
- thick socks
- suitable clothing for the weather of the day