Snorkeling and Horseback Riding is a perfect combination for those who want to experience a great outdoor day in Iceland. You’ll enjoy snorkeling in the freshwater fissure Silfra, which is known to be one of the best dive sites in the world.
And you will enjoy riding an Icelandic horse known for their five gaits.
This is a pure nature trip. You’ll be snorkeling in either wetsuit
all depending on your wishes. By wearing the wetsuit you will be able to dive underneath the surface of Silfra and we really recommend this choice rather than the drysuit as you will get more out of the tour instead of just floating on the surface. Silfra is a freshwater fissure, about 60-63 metres where it is deepest, you can almost see end to end as the water is so clear. Silfra is situated at the UNESCO World Heritage site,
The horseback riding will take place at the friendly family run farm Laxnes
where you’ll ride on the Icelandic horse which has five gaits. You will enjoy the Icelandic nature at the same time you are getting to know these small friendly horses.
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 14 years of age
- Not be pregnant
- Not wear glasses, so if you have a prescription mask, please bring it with you. If not, we advise you to get contact lenses before you join us for snorkeling.
- Pick up and drop-off in Reykjavík
- English speaking guide
- All necessary snorkeling equipment
- All necessary gear for horseback riding
- FREE photos for snorkeling
- Hot chocolate for snorkeling
What do I need to bring?
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit such as long warm underwear or sweat suit, warm socks OR
- Clothes suited to dress under a wetsuit such as swimsuits
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling
- Lunch or Snack
- You can rent a GoPro camera by us (only in snorkeling tour)