TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Booking and payment
- By completing a reservation through our website, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood, and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below.
- Reykjavik Tourist Information is a travel agency offering day tours, multi-day tours, accommodations, rental cars, private tours, and V.I.P. tours. Bookings can be made directly through Reykjavík Tourist Information or any other website through which Reykjavik Tourist Information makes their services available. If you are having any problems booking through Reykjavik Tourist Information website www.reykjaviktouristinfo.is then please contact our Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure you fill in and provide all necessary details upon booking your tour(s). Once you have completed the booking process, an email booking confirmation will follow with your booking number and the voucher/s for the services booked. The voucher will be your proof of payment, so please bring it with you on the day of your tour or keep it on your mobile device.
- You are responsible for checking all details on your confirmation and related documents to ensure that they are correct. If a discrepancy, such as booking mistakes where the wrong date or the incorrect number of participants was reserved, contact Reykjavik Tourist Information immediately as it may not be possible to make amendments to your reservation when it gets closer to the departure date. Reykjavik Tourist Information is not responsible for mistakes in the booking process.
Cancellation of day tours
- You can cancel your day tours up to 24 hours before departure and receive a full refund. This cancellation policy does not apply to The Golden Circle; Blue Lagoon w/admission tickets included & Kerið Volcano (see below)
- Cancellation of the Golden Circle, Blue Lagoon w/admission tickets included & Kerið Volcano.
- You can cancel this day’s tour up to 48 hours before departure and receive a full refund.
- Cancellation of the Blue Lagoon Admission valid with day tour only
- You can cancel this reservation up to 48 hours before departure and receive a full refund.
Cancellation of Multi-day tours and packages
- Bookings made between March 20th and December 31st (no matter travel date) – you can cancel your multi-day tour up to 48 hours before departure and receive a full refund.
- Bookings made on January 1st, 2021 and later (no matter travel date) – you can cancel your multi-day tour more than seven days in advance before departure and receive an 85% refund or reschedule the time with no additional fee (if the request is received at least seven days before departure). The 15% service fee is to cover our cost of planning and arrangement. You can not cancel any individual services within a package within seven days before departure.
Cancellation due to weather
- If we cancel a scheduled day tour due to poor weather conditions, we can arrange for you to go on a different day. If that does not work with your schedule, we can also offer an alternative activity at no additional cost or give you a full refund.
Rental of Equipment and Extras
- Extras and rental gear can both be added upon booking and on location. If you have already made a reservation with us and would like to add any additions and rental equipment to your reservation, please contact our Service Team at - email@example.com. Please note that all extras and rental gear reservations are final and nonrefundable. If you rent hiking boots and decide not to wear them, Reykjavík Tourist Information will not reimburse you. No refund is given for the rental of equipment and extras, including hiking boots, waterproof clothing, towels, chairs, tables, sleeping bags, travel stoves, walkingstick, ice ax, boombox, or any other miscellaneous items that are available as extras.
How to cancel or change a booking
- All cancellations must be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refunds of past services need to be submitted within 15 days after completing the tour/package services. All refund requests must be made through email to email@example.com with the email subject as Refund Request – “Order number.”
- We do not charge anything for helping you change or rearrange your booking for all types of tours, packages, and car rentals. But costs can vary accordingly with your new details, depending on hotel rates, car rentals, etc. In that case, we will either notify you about the increased costs or refund you the difference.
- Please note that changing the number of people in a booking to a smaller number is considered cancellation for the change in the number of pax.
- For day tours, please let us know your changes at least 24 hours in advance for the change to take effect. For multi-day tours and packages, please allow seven days in advance. Please also note that we might not be able to fulfill your changed requirements due to lack of availability. But we will always do our best.
- During the booking process, you will be able to choose a pickup location and starting time. If you do not show up for the scheduled pickup time and place stated on your booking, your reservation is nonrefundable.
- If you do not know your pickup location at the time of booking, you can choose to update your pick up location later, up to 24 hours before your tour departure. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your pickup location.
Terms of payment
- When you reserve, online a full payment is charged to your credit card. To book group bookings and packages of more than 15 people, you can also contact us by email and make a 50% down payment. We will then start reserving your trip to secure you the best price. The rest of your payment must reach us 30 days before your arrival. Please contact email@example.com for this service.
Single Supplement Fee
- For multi-day tours, a single fee supplement is mandatory. If your booking is made for 1 (one) person for a multi-day tour, you must pay the single fee supplement to be entitled to get a single room at the hotel where the group will stay. Reykjavik Tourist Information reserves the right to accommodate you in a twin room with another fellow solo traveler of the same gender if you do not do so.
Prices and Currency
- All prices for the services provided by Reykjavik Tourist Information are in the company’s local currency, Icelandic Krona (ISK). As a local Icelandic tour operator Reykjavík Tourist Information is not responsible for currency fluctuations and or additional fees that may be applied, such as bank transfer fees, credit card fees, and others.
Adventure Travel and Client Responsibility
- By booking an activity with us, you accept the hazards involved in this sort of tour and accept that there is an element of on-tour flexibility in visiting remote and mountainous regions. The itinerary stated in the tour dossier is indicative only and not a guarantee that a particular route will be followed or the place reached.
- You must acknowledge that delays and alterations and their results, such as inconvenience and discomfort, are possible where unforeseen circumstances arise. You must have a fitness level commensurate with your chosen tour, and you are responsible for bringing the appropriate equipment.
Our Liability & Compensation
- Reykjavík Tourist Information will accept liability for its employees’ negligence, causing direct physical injury to passengers only to the extent that it is obliged under Icelandic law. We cannot be held responsible for any mishap to yourself or your property, particularly for the consequences of flight cancellations, vehicle accidents, strikes, sickness, Government or customs, police intervention, or other such happenings amounting to force majeure. By confirming your booking with Reykjavík Tourist Information, you acknowledge that we have taken all reasonable steps to safeguard its liability in this respect.
- Reykjavík Tourist Information cannot be liable for any loss, damage, accidents, injuries, or sickness during your tour. The same applies to any changes in tour schedule due to weather, strikes, or any other force majeure. Tour operators reserve the right to change routes, programs, and itineraries if needed because of weather, road conditions, or necessity arising because of unforeseen reasons. We advise all travelers to purchase comprehensive travel insurance to minimize possible losses due to unforeseeable situations during your travel.
Right to modify
- Reykjavík Tourist Information reserves the right to modify or amend its Terms of Service at any time without notice. Reykjavík Tourist Information ehf also reserves the right of final decision on interpreting its Terms of Services above and the Terms and Conditions of the website.
Black Friday Weekend 2021 – Cancellation policy
- Any product purchased using the BLACK2021 discount code is non-refundable, and special cancellation terms apply. Guests can change the date at no additional cost up to 48 hours before the departure if Day Tour is purchased and up to 7 days before the departure if Multi-Day Tour or Private Tour are purchased. If a guest fails to show up at the designated meeting point or reschedule the tour within the time frame mentioned, there will be no option to reschedule.
If you have questions or comments about these Terms and Conditions, please contact us at:
Reykjavík Tourist Informati ehf.
Hverfisgata 105, 101 Reykjavík
00 354 454 2000
Last updated 26th of January 2021