Drysuit Snorkeling in Silfra - with Transfer | Free photos
Silfra is one of the top dive sites in the world and situated in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Thingvellir, only about 50 km from Reykjavik. Silfra is a freshwater fissure about 63 meters deep where you can about 60 meters in front of you as the water
- 4 hours and 30 minutes
Starting at 25.990 ISK
Silfra is one of the top dive sites in the world and situated in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Thingvellir, only about 50 km from Reykjavik. Silfra is a freshwater fissure about 60-63 meter deep, where you can almost see end to end as the water is so clear. The water is so pristine it feels like flying.
By snorkeling in drysuit you will get protection from the cold water if the fissure as the drysuit is constructed from layers of insulating fabric. However, we always recommend you rather take the wetsuit as you will have so much more fun. Adventure Vikings is the only Icelandic company that offers wetsuit snorkeling in Silfra and we can assure you that you won’t regret snorkeling in the wetsuit. Instead of just floating heavily on the surface like you do in a drysuit you will be able to dive into the fissure in the wetsuit. No diving experience or diving license is needed.
- All necessary gear for snorkeling
- English speaking guide
- Pick up and drop off in downtown Reykjavik
- FREE underwater Silfra photos
- Hot chocolate
- Base layer - thermals
- Warm clothes to wear after
- Warm socks - woolen
What do I need to bring?
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling
- Swimwear and towel for wetsuit
- Base layer / thermals for dry suit
- Warm socks, woolen - extra pairs
- Camera - you can rent a GoPro camera by us
Know before you go
- Be physically fit
- 14 years - age limit
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall
- Maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs)
- Maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Know how to swim and be comfortable in water
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- We do not recommend pregnant participants to snorkel in Silfra due to the cold temperature
- Not wear glasses, so if you have a prescription mask, please bring it with you. If not, we advise you to get contact lenses before you join us for snorkeling.